Among all the variables which determine a successful growing season, access to quality nutrients is perhaps the most important. Any experienced grower can tell the difference between an outdoor crop well sown in rich nutrients, and one grown in a medium that leaves the plant wanting for more. Here are 5 reasons why using Backcountry Blend’s outdoor feed program will help you get your best harvest to date!
1. Feeding is a breeze.
Not everyone who enjoys gardening has a particular desire to constantly feed their plants nutrients. A quick application of Backcountry Blend solves this issue for the laziest of us. You only need to apply the recommended dose of slow-release fertilizer every 3-4 weeks throughout the vegetative, flowering and ripening stages of plant life.
2. It provides a steady uptake of nutrients.
As a slow-release granular blend, Backcountry Blend will not overwhelm your plants with nutrients when it is applied to your outdoor grow. We’ve taken care to ensure the macro and micronutrients are evenly dispersed over the entire fertilizer range, allowing for better and more even absorption.
3. Don’t break the bank.
Unlike some of its liquid counterparts for outdoor grows, these granular products are made to be affordable, while still providing quality sourced nutrition like a healthy dose of micronutrients with every watering. BackCountry Blend’s outdoor feed program has a staggered application rate of about once a month; and so, depending on the size of your garden, a set of this blend could potentially be used and stored for several growing seasons.
4. Keeps pH at optimal levels.
Ensuring your grow media is within the optimal pH range is essential for the uptake of nutrients. BackCountry Blend is designed to neutralize acidic soils and prevent pH issues, such as nutrient deficiencies and lockout. Using Backcountry will bring most soils into the correct pH range.
5. Boost ensures a strong finish.
Flowering plants require large amounts of phosphorus and potassium to produce large, beautiful fruits that we growers strive for. Our Backcountry Blend Boost provides exactly that: a huge spike of PK to improve yields, floral development, and overall colour and aroma.
Check out our Resource Centre for more product information
- What are Additive Nutrients?An additive nutrient, or nutrient supplement, can be described as any plant food product that seeks to enhance natural patterns of development. Unlike base nutrients, which are designed to progress and maintain healthy patterns of growth and bloom, additive nutrients and supplements aim to promote specific actions, whether it be the development of large, dense flowers, trichome
- Why Testing the pH of Your Runoff Can Save Your CropIf you’ve recently noticed some leaf discoloration, mutation, or poor growth, it’s quite likely an inadequate pH range is the culprit behind these issues. pH is among the most important factors in the garden. But to understand it, we must first look at the basic biological functions of plants. In total, there are 16 essential elements that
- What’s the Difference Between Dry and Liquid Fertilizer?Unfortunately, not all fertilizers are created equal. That’s not to say that one product or feed program won’t perform as advertised, but as we’ve learned from experience, there are a mountain of factors that go into producing a bountiful harvest: plant genetics, environmental controls and growing systems usually trump the list of important inputs — fertilizer, on
2 thoughts on “5 Reasons Why You Should Use The Backcountry Blend Outdoor Feed Program”
Love the idea of feeding every 3-4 weeks. how simple!
Good for a lazy grower….like me.